“If you have the opportunity to work with Ulric, do not let the chance slip away.”.
-Joseph Lee, EAM The Peninsula Hotel, Tokyo, Japan.
I have gained more than 20 years of experience across the globe in the beverage industry, mainly spirits. I have mixed it, sold it, mixed it again, marketed it and judged it... This broad, yet very specific knowledge has given me plenty of insights and connections in the industry...
What purpose is knowledge if it is not to be shared?
A very popular Middle Eastern sweet, it is widely consumed in Jordan. The brief was simple, create a liquid version of this classic dessert.\
Bourbon and Cognac were mixed with a homemade pistachio orgeat, rose water and cheese, slightly soured with citric acid and finished with spun sugar for an eye catching appearance.\
Available at the W Amman.\
Pre-Opening & refurbishments COnsultancy
A successful beverage program right from the start, including:
- Reviews of bar designs & CAD drawings,
- Beverage concept development,
- Staff training,
- Support with OS&E,
- And much more...
- Review of current beverage program,
- Optimization of menu and mis-en-place,
- Staff training and re-fresher,
- Spirit sommelier trainings,
- And more...
Cocktail design and photography
- Custom-made cocktails to showcase your brand,
- High resolution photography with full rights of all cocktails.
Ambassadorship for Spirits brands
- Boost in credibility, and improved social media presence,
- Development of marketing strategy in line with the core values of the brand,
- Training & brand activation in chosen markets,
- Trade show presence.
- Development of drinks/cocktails to appeal to the core target market.
Private and corporate events
Need something specials for your events? I've got you covered!
- Customize-able, self sufficient cocktail bar,
- Unique and up-to-date, custom cocktail menu,
- Specialized in local products for a true point of difference,
- Premium glassware and equipment,
- AV Equipment available.
Old Man and the Sea
A personal work trying to fit two importants influences in my mixing style; Japan and Scotland. This is a powerful cocktails that may not be for everyone!
I tried to play with the umami flavors of the peated malt, enhancing them with a nori seaweed tincture and a strong black tea syrup. The drink is complex and wonderful.
Available at Enso restaurant in Amman.
A Vanity Collection of some of my Work
Created for the brand Meermaid Infused rum; this is a simple riff on the classic Daiquiri cocktail created to highlight the unique character Meermaid and encourage consumers to try this at home by creating a unique, non-intimidating, contemporary drink.\
Like the classic Daiquiri, we mix fresh lime juice and cane sugar with a touch of Creaole Shrub and plenty of Meermaid rum, of course!\
Available on http://punchsociety.meermaid-rum.com.\
Friends and family
The following brands have put their trust in me, and we became friends... With a baggage of 20yrs, I've made a lot of friends, unfortunately not all of them can be listed here.
Created for W hotel in Doha, I wanted to bring the rituals of the Aperitivo into the country. It was the first bar in Qatar to play around these traditionally low-alcohol, thirst-quenching drinks.\
This version of the classic Aperol Spritz, infused the Aperol with fresh fruits and spices to bring an additional dimesion to the cocktail; I used the new -at the time- porthole infusing vessel to develop a strong visual impact.\
For queries, quotations and questions, please do not hesitate to drop me a mail below.
“I would highly recommend Ulric to anyone interested in a beverage consultant with vast knowledge of the latest trends in bars and drinks.”.
-Andy Kunz, General Manager at COMO Point Yamu.